Directorate of Education Delhi | edudel Appointment and Promotion Details
Education holds the key to economic growth, social transformation, modernizational integration. The National Policy on Education formulated in 1986 and modified in 1992 aims to provide education of a comparable quality up to a given level to all students.
CLICK THE BELOW LINKS
The Director of Education, being executive head of schooling system in Delhi, has before him, a Herculean task of managing around 1000 schools with 40,000 staff to cater to about 9.5 lakh children with the sole aim to provide quality education in the government. schools. The sheer extent of numbers to be provided this facility has its fall out on the effort required to ensure reasonable level of performance in all schools.
Keeping in view the daunting task ahead a web based MIS was mooted that was capable of the following:
Accordingly, a Web based IT Plan with following capabilities was thought of :-
· It should capture almost the entire workflow and processes of the Department and somewhat reengineer them to suit the demands of modern and efficient work procedure.
· It should provide all the information in the required format at the right time with accuracy to facilitate decision making by the authorized decision makers.
· The mooted IT PLAN should enable, ensure and force the people to use it.
· It should make the work so much easier and faster/smoother that people adopt it willingly even if there is initial resistance in the form of mental barriers for using an entirely new system.
· Reduce the burden of routine, repetitive and monotonous works to a fraction of the original and spare more time to the officials to indulge in more constructive and creative works.
The web based MIS was extended in all of the schools that covered all the aspects of management in the two years 2002-03 and 2004-05.